The printing industry is something all other industries need to rely on. Anything printed that you see around you belongs to the printing industry. Everything in the market, when sold, no matter what industry, will have a wrapping and a label on it. Those labels, wrappers, cards, tickets, papers, letterheads and other options have strings attached to the printing industry. The equipment that keeps the industry running deserves a discussion; let’s explore the world of print-finishing equipment:
What Is Print Finishing Equipment?
The tools and machinery used in giving the final finishing touches to printed materials are called print finishing materials. All the details on printed things, such as embossings, textures, shine, matt finish, cuts, folds, and perforations, require one or other print finishing equipment. Because numerous finishes are done on printed materials, you might be curious about the types of print finishing tools. Let’s find out these devices’ types, uses, applications and benefits.
Types Of Print Finishing Instruments
There is a vast range of devices that are used in the finishing of printed instruments based on their surfacing and functionality. Let’s explore:
- Cutting and trimming equipment: guillotine cutters, rotary trimmers and digital cutting machines are used to get clean edges and precise cuts.
- Binding equipment: staplers, spiral coil machines, comb binders, etc., used to make bundles and assemble sheets into booklets, notebooks, notepads etc.
- Laminating equipment: laminators pack printed sheets within protective films to protect them from heat, moisture, or other damage.
- Embossing and debossing machines: the details on various cards, like the raised or pressed designs, textures etc, are created using such tools.
- Folding and creasing equipment: book covers and all similar print stock go through such a tool to make precise folds to get an even appearance.
- Perforating and scoring equipment: the pores on tickets, notepads, and all other sheets meant to be torn off are made using such tools.
Applications And Utilities
Several sectors and industries utilize some or other print finishing equipment to meet their requirements based on the products and services they make and provide. Some businesses need printers; others may need binding tools, laminators, and perforating tools. Some of the beneficiary sectors are the following:
- Commercial printers
- Educational institutions
- Publication houses
- Packaging industries
Benefits Of Finishing Equipment
Finishing equipment makes things look polished and professional. Be it in the printing industry or any other sector. Apart from the appearance, such instruments enhance the longevity and resistance of things. Additionally, finishing is crucial in customization, adding more value to products. In short, finishing helps things stand out in the crowd.
Print finishing machinery owes a lot to various industries and businesses. There are different finishing requirements for different sectors. Based on this, there are different types of print-finishing machinery. This equipment enhances the appearance of the prints and printed materials and adds to their durability. These tools have great utility, from shines and textures to cuts, folds and binds, from laminating to embossings.